Thursday, November 1, 2012

Someday I'll Hike The PCT

Someday I'll hike the PCT, during the summer of 2012 I was content with being an on-the-trail Trail Angel between Wapinita Pass near Mt Hood and Harts Pass just 30 miles south of the Canadian Border.


During the summer of 2011 I followed the blog of Portland hiker Erin Wired Saver as she made her way from Mexico to Canada during one of the highest snowfall years in recent history. Over the course of eight weeks I met more than 60 thru-hikers and hiked more than 200 miles on or near the PCT. And, I earned my PCT trail name.

My often unexpected appearance at a trail head handing out snacks and drinks, camped out and making coffee for early birds heading past my campsite, and/or a chance meeting on the trail with apples and snacks in my backpack earned me the trail name "Where's Chris?"

During the summer of 2013, I hope to hike more than 200 of the PCT in Oregon and Washington as a Trail Angel. If you are hiking the PCT in 2013, I hope our paths will cross ... multiple times.

2 comments: