Tuesday, April 2, 2013

2013 Hikers Are On Trail!

Spring has made a first real appearance here in Portland. The Columbia Gorge is waking up and starting to display bursts of wildflowers at the eastern end.

While the PCT remains covered in snow throughout most of Oregon, the first of the PCT hikers are slowly making their way onto the trail at the Mexican border ... time to stow the snowshoes, do my gear checks and hit the trails again myself.

As I write this, there are already several hiker blogs I'm following in anticipation of intersecting with these hardy hikers when they begin reaching Oregon in late July.

If you are interested in finding a few blogs to follow, check out this great compilation site http://www.hikepress.com/

More later with my own PCT Trail Angel gear review ...

No comments:

Post a Comment